Rethinking Prosperity’s weekly roundup of news on the topic of economy, environment and democracy
- Nine Key Political Propositions for Building the Commons — Stacco Troncoso, P2P Foundation
May 12, 2017
Stacco Troncoso summarizes key points from a series of review, forming a recommendation for the political propositions necessary to build the common. This piece is a follow up to how we should think the common.
Type/tags: article, politics, governance, economy, society, commons, democracy
- How Do You Degrow an Economy, Without Causing Chaos? — Jonathan Rutherford, Resilience
May 15, 2017
“…we will not make a successful transition to sustainability…unless participants within these movements become aware of, and begin advocating, the eventual need for an orderly process of ‘de-growth’.”
Type/tags: article, economy, degrowth, movement, eco-socialism, capitalism
- Principles of a Pluralist Commonwealth — Gar Alperovitz, The Next System Project
May 15, 2017
Browse through Gar Alperovtiz’s new book, Principles of a Pluralist Commonwealth, released by the Next System Project.
Type/tags: book, economy, environment, society, pluralist commonwealth, sustainability
- 3 ways to move your company toward the circular economy — Nathan Hurst, GreenBiz
May 16, 2017
“It’s time to ditch the “take, make, dispose” mindset and adopt “make, use, return” as our collective mantra by joining the circular economy.”
Type/tags: article, economy, circular economy, environment, consumption
- An abundance of degrowth-related events will be taking place this summer. — Degrowth
There is something for everyone.
Type/tags: events, degrowth, movement